If you haven’t yet added frittatas to your dinner rotation then here’s the perfect recipe to start with. While this recipe calls for kale and tomatoes, frittatas can be made with whatever vegetables and meat you have on hand, simply chopped and thrown in to the egg mixture. It’s a great way to eat low carb and high protein. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need…
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups kale, destemmed and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, egg whites, sea salt, black pepper, nutritional yeast and oregano.
- Coat an 8-inch oven-safe skillet with the olive oil. Place over medium heat and add the kale and tomatoes. Cook for 4 minutes, until soft. Swirl in the egg mixture then remove from heat.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until set, about 20 minutes. Slice into wedges and serve. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 116 calories, 5g fat, 323mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 12g protein