Most recipes for tuna salad call for fat-filled mayonnaise, but this recipe uses fat free Greek yogurt instead. You get all the creaminess without added calories to set back your results.
Here’s what you need…
- 2 cans wild albacore tuna, packed in water
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons champagne mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed, plus more for garnish
- dash of freshly ground pepper
- 1 green apple, shredded
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 4 cups organic mixed greens
- Drain the tuna and flake in a medium bowl. Add the yogurt, mustard, dill and pepper. Mix until creamy and well combined.
- Add the shredded apple and cabbage. Mix well.
- Arrange mixed greens on plates, then use an ice cream scooper to place the tuna mixture. Sprinkle with dill weed.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 140 calories, 1 fat, 210mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 20g protein.