Exercise description: This exercise strengthens and tones the glutes, hamstrings and lower back.
Exercise instruction :
1. Lie on your back, with your knees bent approximately 90* and feet flat on the floor.
2. Keep your arms by your side, head on the ground and flatten your lower back.
3. Concentrating on squeezing your buttocks (glutes) , raise your hips off the floor, forming a straight line from your shoulders through your hips to your knees.
4. Pause for one second at the top, then return to the start position under control.
5. Breathe out on the way up and in on the way down.
6. To progress, you can perform this exercise single leg .